Tuesday, March 16

Spring break? Ha!

I refuse to be on speaking terms with any area meteorologists. [By area, I mean the whole of the Midwest.]

I made it home on Friday with no mishaps and a copy of Rosie O'Donnell's Find Me for my mom to read. Saturday eve, I went to a luau [with the fam at church ... but they were raising money for a mission trip to South Dakota, of which my brother will be a part]. Sunday I slept in, and also remembered the previous night's dream about my hairstylist giving me a mullet.

And Monday.

Monday I woke up to a quiet house [after finally getting to bed around 3a]. By happenstance I looked out the window and discovered a thin blanket of white. I'm not the biggest fan of snow, so I was slightly cranky. A phone call at around 11a confirmed that my brothers would be leaving school an hour and a half later - let out two and a half hours early - because of this slick white business.

Today, my brothers had no school, but we still had to get up early. Why? To dig the cars out of the driveway, of course. My dad ended up walking, but we later got his car out, and I have delivered it safely to his place of work.

Long story made slightly shorter, it's hardly a spring break, but it's a break all the same. And hey, I got a professional haircut. [She was driven insane by the hackjob I had managed to give myself ... but managed to make something of it. I'll find a camera and post it some time.]

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: